Friday, October 9, 2009

TSG23 challenge

Hello!
I am going to try my luck in another challenge :) Jessie from Can you say????.....Addicted(to stamps)!!! suggested a challenge hosted by http://tsgclearstamps.blogspot.com/. Basically the challenge is to create a monochromatic card... Yes! Yes! Yes!!! Monochromatic is my favorite!!! :)
OK, so the card I'm going to use for the challenge was not actually made for the challenge. I made it last weekend for my good friend Pam. She actually won a gorgeous quilt at the church ruffle and asked me if I could make a thank you card for sweet ladies who made the quilt. So of course I was thrilled that she asked me to do that for her (I totally love creating things for people). I asked her to email me the pictures of her quilt so I could use it for inspiration. So she did! Here are the pictures of this gorgeous quilt (hand made, hand stitched and whole nine yards).


















Isn't it fantastic??? I totally thought so (and I'm usually not that much into quilts).

So for my card I tried many different designs. First I started off with just blocks of different shades of purple... that turned out too plain. So then I moved on to re-creating the flower design on paper. I drew the flower and repeated the design around it with my markers and pencils (again, using different shades of purple)...that turned out to be too busy. SO then I thought of my wonderful spellbinders Fleur de lis set - that was like a light bulb came on :) he-he-he

Here is my actual card...


I used many papers of different shades of purple, used layering technique for the blocks and something I haven't tried before ... is to layer Fleur de lis! See the large medallion is white, but there is dark purple behind it? That's my try in layering :) Then I used my foam squares for 3D effect.


Now this quilt was made by ladies, so it's all for the girls, and of course I could not resist from using glitter and some bling:) I used glitter in the center of my cut outs and then around "Thank you"

Well, I hope you like it :)

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the challenge, I love where you got your inspiration! Thanks for playing along in our TSG Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I always LOVE to hear from you!