Sunday, November 22, 2009

Challenges JUGS8 and C4C12

For today's card I'm combining two challenges... One is - Just Us Girls - JUGS8 and the other is Crazy4Challenges - C4C12.
Just Us Girls has a color challenge and this week you're supposed to use three of the colors: Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust and Bashful Blue. Oh, and to make a card for the season of thanks...
Crazy4Challenges offered a sketch. So I combined two of them and here is what I came up with:

I printed "thank you" in several different languages and then embossed it with black embossing powder. Here is the close up (all I can say is: Thank God for google :)

I've never really layered paper on top of itself, but thought I would give it a try. I love this blue, so I thought it would really make the other colors pop.

And I layered it on dimensionals. I also added three smoked topaz rhinestones, but for some reason my camera didn't pick up on their sparkle...
Well, that's my card for today. Enjoy your Sunday and thank you so much for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Your Choice of dp with the blue is quite striking. I really like the thank you in the different languages and the nice layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANnie I love the vivid leaves topped on the subtle blue - kind of like looking up through a canopy of fall leaves against a lovely blue sky. I also like the multiple language thanks! Clever. Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with Just Us Girls again. We love seeing some “regulars” come back each week! Hope to see you again on Saturday for our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it, thanks for playing along with the C4C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on both challenges! It's such a great fall card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool card! I love how you layered the dp on top of each other separating it with the blue! Very clever! And I love the "thank you" in different languages! Great card! Thanks so much for playing our JUGs challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie, that is so clever to print the sentiment in so many different languages! The vibrant orange DP that you used looks so beautiful! Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls color challenge-I hope you join us Saturday for a fun template challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card!! How did you emboss something you printed using the computer? It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card! Great job with the challenges!

    ♥ Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I always LOVE to hear from you!