Wednesday, October 7, 2009

participating in my first challenge....

Hello and welcome to my blog!
Hope you had a great day. Mine was nice, even though most of the day was spent at work. Work-work-work, you know :) I could not wait to get home today and try to enter for my first challenge yet!!!! Yeah!!! I've been following "The Greeting Farm" blog for some time and was always impressed by the amazing cards people post on there. Now that I have a blog of my own, I thought it would give it a shot :) The challenge this time is "All about a boy" and you can check it out at: http://splendidstamping.blogspot.com/

Unfortunately since I'm so new to this I could not upload my picture to the blog's gallery.... SO I'm posting it here :) I'm going to send an email to "The Greeting Farm" and see if they can guide me through.
If I don't get to upload the picture there, at least I'll have it on my blog for now and know that I tried to participate.



Ok, here is my card :)






Unfortunately I don't own any "greeting farm" stamps at this time. But my very good friend sent me an image of this wonderful Edward for me to play with. And so I did..... I did have to ask my dear hubby for suggestions for a "boy" card :) And he helped me A LOT with colors and with the idea to go "retro"... he-he-he. See our little guy has "retro" colors, corduroy brown pants and blue hair!!!! :) Yes, that is why it is titled "Dare"


I used three different papers: brown card stock, green textured paper and awesome star paper - it actually has stars printed on it and punched out! That's why you can see through and see the other papers I used.




I really enjoyed playing with this image and I am planning to purchase some for myself soon (then I will not have to ask my friend for any images).




Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your night!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I always LOVE to hear from you!